Thursday, February 25, 2021

Recreating Vector Art



 I had so much fun doing this project that I ended up wanting to do more than one poster, as seen above. If you can't tell, I'm a huge Star Wars fan! I came across Captain Rex's helmet first and immediately saved the image to my laptop - Rex is one of my favorite characters from The Clone Wars. I absolutely love and have massive respect for his character, which is saying a lot since there are very few characters that I hold in such high regard! I came across the Hoth image shortly after finding the image of the helmet and couldn't resist saving that one as well. It's just a small recreation of an iconic scene and an iconic vehicle, but it makes a nerd like me very happy🤪the Hoth image definitely took longer to recreate since there were more parts and shapes to it than Rex's helmet. It also had an actual background and required me to create a rectangle over the whole image, then move it to the side and create a gradient mesh to get the colors right. Everything else, except the text, was recreated using the pen and curve tools. I tried to get the font of the text to match as closely to the original as possible. The only difference is that it's a little thicker. 

Stop Motion with Sound

  I actually didn't use GarageBand for this assignment - I used Ableton Live instead. I'm currently taking Sound in Media and have b...