Monday, April 12, 2021

Stop Motion with Sound

 

I actually didn't use GarageBand for this assignment - I used Ableton Live instead. I'm currently taking Sound in Media and have been using Ableton since the beginning of the semester, so I thought I would just keep up with it since it's been a pretty hard software to learn. I used five different midi tracks to create the piece so there are five instruments - most of them are piano or plucked tracks but there's also a sitar track in there as well. I wanted to go for a more upbeat sound but ended up creating more of a wandering, ambient soundtrack instead (I seem to have an affinity for making those). I usually go by what I hear when previewing a track; if I like the way it sounds, there's a 99% chance I'm going to use it.

Stop Motion with Sound

  I actually didn't use GarageBand for this assignment - I used Ableton Live instead. I'm currently taking Sound in Media and have b...